Home Forums Stress Test Discussions STRESS TEST Thursday, January 26 at 9PM CET!

Tagged: 

• Author
    Keymaster
    #1767 |

Hello Pirates,

Thank you to everyone who participated in our last closed beta! We are grateful for all your feedback. We will launch soon into Steam Early Access and we need your help one more time to test our servers!

We will be running a stress test on Thursday, January 26 from:
    – 9pm CET to 11pm CET
    – 3pm EST to 5pm EST
    – 12pm PST to 2pm PST

This test is designed to see how our servers hold up when a lot of players battle in BATTLECREW at the same time!

For this 2 hours’ test, we’re inviting everyone!

We’d love to hear all feedback you may have! Please comment within the Forums with whatever you’d like to share!

We think this Stress Test is another step in making BATTLECREW Space Pirates a great competitive experience.

We’ve put together a few questions to help you out, but if you need assistance with anything else, please comment below!

Beta Code

1. HOW CAN I GET A KEY FOR THE STRESS TEST?
    If you already have a Beta Key, simply load the game at 9PM CET on Thursday.

If you don’t have a Beta Key, please sign-up here to participate in our Beta program: http://eepurl.com/b_dGUv
    To redeem your key, you will receive further instructions by email shortly before the start of the stress test! If you have some difficulties to get your key, please, send us an email at : Team@battlecrewgame.com!

Playing

2. HOW LONG WILL BE THE STRESS TEST?
    The Steam Stress Test will begin Thursday, January 26 from:
    – 9pm CET to 11pm CET
    – 3pm EST to 5pm EST
    – 12pm PST to 2pm PST

3. HOW DO I PROVIDE FEEDBACK TO THE DEVS?!
    We’d love to hear any and all feedback you may have! Please comment within the Forums with whatever you’d like to share!
    Bug Report sub forum: http://www.battlecrewgame.com/forums/forum/bug-repports/
    Stress test feedback: http://www.battlecrewgame.com/forums/forum/closed-beta-test-discussions//
    Ideas and suggestion: http://www.battlecrewgame.com/forums/forum/ideas-suggestions/

Please complete our forms if you can, it’s a great help for us (when quitting the game, click on the forms in “Beta Options”)
    You can also contact us with this email: support@battlecrewgame.com

4. DOES THE BETA KEY GIVE ME FREE ACCESS TO THE GAME?
    No, access to the closed beta will not carry over to Early Access

5. DOES MY PROGRESS SAVE AFTER THE STRESS TEST IS DONE?!
    As this is a Stress Test, your progress will not carry over to the version of the game we will launch into STEAM Early Access. We’d like to keep things fair for those who are unable to participate in the Stress Test.

6. OH NO! I LOST ALL OF MY PROGRESS – WHAT DO I DO?!
    Sorry to hear that! With the nature of a Beta version, there can be bugs and strange occurrences. Unfortunately, there isn’t anything we can do to restore your progress. However, we’re going to have tools to do so within the final version!

7. DO I NEED TO BE CONNECTED ONLINE TO PLAY?
    Yes. Since BATTLECREW Space Pirates is a multiplayer online game, you will need to be connected online at all times to play.

8. WHAT LANGUAGES ARE SUPPORTED IN THE BETA?
    The game client (voices and interface) will be available in English for this beta. French interface will also be available
    Additional languages will be added later on during Steam Early Access.

9. HOW CAN I CREATE A SQUAD TO PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS?
    Find how to create your crew on this sub forum: http://www.battlecrewgame.com/forums/forum/squadcrew/

10. CAN I PLAY WITH MY KEYBOARD?
    Yes, you can! Just know that for now, it is not completely optimized and that the experience should be better with a pad as the game has been originally designed for controllers.

11. CAN I CUSTOMIZE MY CONTROLS?
    For this beta, you can’t but we will make that option available in the future.

12. MY GAME IS STUCK AND WON’T LOAD – WHAT CAN I DO?
    If the game crashes, you will have to close the application (using Task Manager if needed), then grab the log files and send them to us if possible.
    To access these log files, go to your Steam Library, right-click on the game name (BATTLECREW Space Pirates) and access the Properties panel. From there, click on the LOCAL FILES tab, then on the BROWSE LOCAL FILES button. This will bring you to the game directory on your computer. The log files are in the WAL/Saved/Logs directory. You can then try to relaunch the game. Thank you for helping us!

13. I CAN’T PLAY, THERE IS TOO MUCH LAG!
    To take full advantage of the BATTLECREW Space Pirates experience, it is recommended to have a PC that can run the game at 60 fps as well as an internet connection delivering less than 60 ms of ping. These two values are visible at the top left of the screen once you have launched the game.
    At 30 fps the game remains quite playable but below, the experience may not be pleasant. To increase the number of fps (to the detriment of the visual quality of the game), we invite you to go in the menu setting -> video to first decrease the resolution of the game. You can also decrease the quality Graphic (visual effects). Finally, disabling the V-Sync will also grapple some fps.
    Regarding ping, it is first recommended to use a wired connection rather than WiFi. Then cut short downloads and YouTube videos that could run in the background. As a last resort, disabling the WiFi of devices using it (smartphones, consoles, connected fridge, etc.) will also improve the response time to the server (ping).

14. THE VOICE CHAT DOESN’T SEEM TO WORK, WHAT CAN I DO?
    If you have a pair of headphones with a microphone connected to your PC, you’ll be able to chat with your teammates during the game. By pressing the [Change View/Back] button on your controller or the [Mouse3] button, you can communicate with other players of your team during a game or in the Crew-specific Tortuga. The chat room will include all connected players while the party is in Tortuga, then during a game, you’ll only be able to hear and speak with your teammates.
    Warning: In order to avoid any noise nuisance, please check that the “Stereo Mix” option is disabled. To do that, please right-click on the speaker icon, select “Recording devices”, then right click on “Stereo Mix” and “Disable”. If the “Stereo Mix” is not visible, then it should be disabled by default. You can still check it with a right click anywhere in the “Recording devices” page and select “Show Disabled Devices”.

15. WILL THE GAME HAVE THE SAME CONTENT WHEN AVAILABLE IN EARLY ACCESS?
    During the Early Access phase, which is planned to start at the end of January, additional content (news maps, new skins…) will be added through different mechanics such as crowd unlocking, community challenges, time-limited events, updates, and community polls. These updates will be implemented, while the team continues to improve the game leading up to its full release.

16. WHAT WILL BE THE PRICE OF BATTLECREW WHEN IT LAUNCHES ON STEAM EARLY ACCESS?
    The price is not confirmed yet but it should be below €10/$10 U.S.

17. HOW IS DONTNOD ELEVEN DIFFERENT FROM DONTNOD ENTERTAINMENT?
    DONTNOD ELEVEN is a small indie team, a little sister of the larger (but still independent) DONTNOD Entertainment team. It’s a distinct group of 11 passionate developers with a desire to make a completely different type of project than the story-driven ones DONTNOD Entertainment works on. We can see DONTNOD ELEVEN as a small laboratory for smaller projects to develop different types of know-how in games.

Technical Information

18. WHAT ARE THE MIN SPECS FOR THE GAME?
    Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD, 2.0 GHz or faster
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560TI or AMD Radeon HD7850
    DirectX: Version 9.0c
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 5 GB available space

19. WHAT IS THE SIZE OF THE BETA GAME?
    The download size of the Beta is:
    PC: 5 GB

20. CAN I STREAM DURING THE STRESS TEST? WILL THE STRESS TEST HAVE AN NDA (NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT)?
    The Stress Test has no NDA which means you are welcome to capture and show game content if your setup allows it. Content producers, show us your best work!
    Keep in mind that the game is still in development so we need your feedback!

21. HOW CAN I USE MY PS4 CONTROLLER?
    1- Enable participation in Steam Beta test programs
    Go to Steam -> Settings -> Account
    In the Beta Test Programs section, click on the MODIFY button.
    From the drop-down list, select Steam Beta Update and click OK.
    Click RESTART to apply the changes.
    2- Configuring the controller
    Once Steam has installed the updates and restarted, launch the Big Picture mode (View -> Big Picture or click the controller button at the top right of the Steam window).
    Click on the Settings icon at the top right.
    In the controller section, click controller Settings.
    Select the PS4 Configuration Assistance check box and click OK.
    Plug the PS4 pad into USB on the PC.
    A THUMBNAIL RECORD window opens, and click Attach to this account.
    A new window CUSTOMIZE YOUR CONTROLLER opens, click on Validate
    3- Launch the game
    You can now launch BATTLECREW Space Pirates either by staying in the Big Picture mode or by returning to the classic Steam interface.
    Note: it is necessary to stay in the program of beta Steam in order to continue to use the pad PS4.

We hope to see everyone in game on Thursday!

Thank you for your support Pirates!

DONTNOD ELEVEN Team

The topic ‘STRESS TEST Thursday, January 26 at 9PM CET!’ is closed to new replies.